News – Harrisburg Mall
March 16, 2020
COVID-19 News & Updates
Welcome Back. Effective Friday, June 19th, the mall will be open, and operating with reduced hours as follows:
- Monday – Saturday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Individual store hours may vary and some may have delayed re-openings. See below for individual store updates.
Restaurant and Store Updates
- A+ Health – Open
- Accentz – Open
- Applebee’s – Open
- AT&T – Open
- Auntie Anne’s
- Bass Pro Shops – Open
- Bath & Body Works – Open
- Bhavani Sports
- Bling Box – Open
- Boost Mobile – Open
- Cellaxs – Open
- Champs – Open
- Checkers – Open
- China Max – Open
- DXL –Open
- East Coast Supplements –Open
- Family Fun Center
- Fashion For Less – Open
- Footaction – Open
- Footlocker – Open
- Glamour Nails – Open
- HBG Jewelers – Open
- H&R Block
- Jenuine – Open
- Journeys – Open
- Jump Sportswear – Open
- K Beauty Supply –Open
- Kay Jewelers – Open
- Kids Footlocker – Open
- Kondu – Open
- La Biotique
- Lenscrafters – Open
- Lids – Open
- Mall Tailor – Open
- Metro PCS – Open
- Nancy’s Hair Salon – Open
- Novelteeze –Open
- OooWee Art & Gaming – Open
- Penn Leather –Open
- Phase 4 Learning Center – Open
- Piercing Pagoda – Open
- Rainbow Apparel – Open
- Regal Great Escape Theatre – Open
- 2nd & Charles – Open
- Shoe Dept. – Open
- Skewer World – Open
- Sprint – Open
- Strictly Nails – Open
- Subway – Open
- T-Mobile – Open
- T-Shirt Station –Open
- Taco Bell – Open
- USA Optical – Open
- Value General – Open
- Verizon – Open
- Wells Fargo – Open
Steps mall management has taken to create a safe and healthy environment for our community
- Common area benches have been removed
- Food court seating has been reduced
- Children’s play area is temporarily closed
- Water fountains have been placed out of service
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the mall
- Extensive cleaning has been completed throughout the mall
- Housekeeping protocols have been enhanced
- Operating hours have been reduced to allow time for additional cleaning
- Floor decals have been installed throughout the mall to promote social distancing
- Directional door decals have been installed at exterior entrances to promote one way traffic in and out of mall
- The number of sinks and stalls available for use in restrooms has been reduced
- Door decals have been installed on elevators to limit number of passengers
- Designated parking has been established for curbside pickup (inquire with individual stores regarding participation in this service)
Because health and safety is our priority we encourage the following guidelines for everyone’s protection
- Wear a protective mask
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others
- Avoid gathering in groups
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth
- Wash hands on a frequent basis with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cough into elbow or cover nose and mouth with a tissue
- Stay home if you have a fever or cold and flu-like symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, runny nose or body aches
What we recommend for our tenants
- Limit occupancy
- Clean and disinfect frequently, especially high-touch surfaces
- Encourage employees to notify supervisor and stay home if they are sick
- Check each employee’s temperature upon arrival to work
- Provide masks for employees to wear at all times
- Make sure employees have access to soap and water, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes
- Encourage employees to wash hands following CDC recommendations on a regular basis
- Offer touchless payment options if possible
- Offer patrons hand sanitizer and be familiar with locations of hand sanitizer stations in the mall
- Visit https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx to review safety procedures for businesses. Protecting customers and employees working in the commonwealth.
- Visit https://bit.ly/3hGjM0B to review safety procedures for restaurants. Ensuring the health and safety of employees and the public.
- Contact Mall Management to discuss any questions or concerns. 717-909-5424
Following Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf’s order closing all nonessential stores in the state of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg Mall was closed effective Tuesday, March 17, but some of our tenants are open for business.
- Bass Pro Shops
- 2nd and Charles
- Applebee’s | Carryout and curbside only
- Kondu | Carryout only
- USA Eyecare | By appointment only
Please note that individual store operating hours may vary.
Dear Valued Tenant,
As you are aware, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf issued a statewide Stay at Home Executive Order effective April 1st, consequently Harrisburg Mall, LP will remain closed until further notice. Please consult Governor Wolf’s Order and Industry Operation Guidance for details.
We will continue supporting our tenants and company functions remotely. Our General Manager, Vicki Keating, is available to address your needs or concerns and can be reached by phone at 410-404-4-5518.
The Federal Government has introduced a number of business assistance programs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We encourage you to review the available programs and apply based on your business’ needs:
- CARES Act – Accepting Applications 4/3/2020 – The programs and initiatives in the $2.2 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was just passed by Congress are intended to assist business owners with whatever needs they have right now. Funds may be available for:
- Paycheck Protection Program – Capital to cover the cost of retaining employees though the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP has a host of attractive features, such as forgiveness of up to 8 weeks of payroll based on employee retention and salary levels, no SBA fees, and at least six months of deferral with maximum deferrals of up to a year).
This guide provides information about the major CARES Act programs and initiatives that will soon be available from the Small Business Administration (SBA) to address these needs, as well as some additional tax provisions that are outside the scope of SBA. Learn more.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Grant program – These grants provide an emergency advance of up to $10,000 to small businesses and private non-profits harmed by COVID-19 within three days of applying for an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL). To access the advance, you first apply for an EIDL and then request the advance. The advance does not need to be repaid under any circumstance, and may be used to keep employees on payroll, to pay for sick leave, meet increased production costs due to supply chain disruptions, or pay business obligations, including debts, rent and mortgage payments.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan program – Available Now – SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans offer up to $2 million in assistance for each affected small business. These loans can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing, and may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact
We will continue to stay closely attuned to new developments, and update our Coronavirus Information & Resources page with announcements and business resources from time to time. You can access the page at www.shopharrisburgmall.com
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you again and best regards.
For public health and safety and per mandate of Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf, Harrisburg Mall is closed until further notice. We will continue to monitor and update accordingly.
Harrisburg Mall is committed to the safety and well-being of our guests, tenants, and employees. We are assessing the latest guidelines and recommendations related to mitigating the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) put forth by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), the WHO (World Health Organization), and local jurisdictions.
Following Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf’s order closing all nonessential stores in the state of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg Mall will be closed effective Tuesday, March 17 and will remain closed until further notice. All interior stores, including Macy’s & Macy’s Backstage and Regal Cinemas will be closed. All scheduled events including Winter KIDZ Wednesdays are canceled or postponed.
Kondu Japanese restaurant will remain open for carry-out orders only.
Harrisburg Mall has increased efforts to conduct disinfectant maintenance to suggested CDC practices. As such, we disinfect common touch areas such as elevators, escalators, stairwell railings, door handles, restrooms, and other shared areas.
We continue to monitor this evolving situation and will adjust our procedures if necessary.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.